An annual membership fee of $125.00 will be collected at the first of the calendar year. Dues paid after the cut off (March 1st) date will be $150.00.
ALL DRIVERS OF VINTAGE CARS MUST BE MEMBERS BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY VINTAGE EVENTS.
By a simple majority vote, the BCRA Board of Directors reserves the right to refuse a new or renewal-membership to any and all individuals if the board feels it is in the best interest of the overall membership of the club.
Where appropriate, Dual Membership cards will be issued to those BCRA members that are actively participating in the “Competition Midget & Midget Lite” Divisions.
The Vintage Director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specification herein or impose any future restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
Mandatory car and safety equipment inspection will take place every year. Inspection shall be completed by the director, one member of the steering committee and car owner. The inspection shall be signed by all three parties. A copy shall be held by both BCRA Vintage division and the car owner. If the car is found to have any problems at the track, the director shall be empowered to “park” said car until any infraction is corrected and re-inspected for the car to be allowed back on the track.
Any member is allowed/requested to bring to the attention of the vintage director any issues he/she deems unsafe, this will cover cars on the track or in the pits. This shall be noted by the vintage director and acted upon.
All vintage members and pit personal are required to attend both track drivers meetings and vintage drivers meetings. Any person missing the mandatory pit meeting will not be allowed to participate in that day’s on track activities, unless given advanced permission by the BCRA Vintage Director. Any person missing more than one drivers meeting per season will be placed on probation by the vintage director for the remainder of the racing season. If the member continues to miss the mandatory pit meetings they will be subject to suspension by the BCRA Board of Directors. If a driver is suspended, said driver can submit, in writing, an appeal within 30 days of suspension to the BCRA board of directors in-which a review will be conducted and the board’s findings will be made available to all parties. All BCRA board findings are final.
Any member of the vintage division may be expelled for sufficient cause by a majority vote of the BCRA Board of Directors. In such case, the member shall be notified of the cause, the facts of the expulsion along with length, i.e. temporary or permanent. The member may appeal in writing within 10 days to the president after the receipt of the expulsion. Any discussion of the final resolution will transpire at the next Board of Directors meeting after which the member in question will be notified of the outcome. All the boards’ findings are final.
During the BCRA vintage season, all track activity is observed by members of the director, steering committee members and track officials. They are looking for any on track incidents, car control, erratic driving, failure to follow instructions from BCRA and track personnel or heated discussions between drivers back in the pits. A discussion is initiated with the involved party, or parties, what the infraction was and advice on how to correct the driving or behavior in future events. Should a problem with the offending driver(s) occur a second time, a written warning shall be given to the driver, and the driver will be placed on probation for the remainder of the year. If the driver continues to ignore the BCRA rules and/or vintage director, they will be suspended or expelled from the club by the BCRA Board of Directors.
During any BCRA vintage event, the vintage director will have the authority to “park” any Car/Driver, for the reasons including, but not limited to: excessive speeding, (both on the track or in the pits), foul/abusive language to any member(s) or officials, and refusing to follow the direction of the vintage director.
All Cars must be restored to near-show quality. All cars must be presented to the vintage director and steering committee for approval prior the participating in their first vintage event. At this time a safety inspection shall be conducted.
Any person of good moral character and reputation interested in BCRA vintage midget exhibition events may apply to become a regular active participation member by completing the annual membership application form and paying the required membership dues, If approved, this format of membership allows for the participation including voting rights on all issues presented at the BCRA yearly membership meeting.
All BCRA vintage members are required to acknowledge they have received a copy of the rules prior to being accepted as member, this will also apply to all revision to the rules and safety inspection sheet. By acknowledging they have received the rules, they are also agreeing to terms of the rules and conditions.
B. Vintage Car Specifications:
All cars must be MIDGETS, designed as, and operated as open wheel, oval track racecar’s that were built in 1970 and earlier. Reproductions will be allowed, but technology must be representative of cars, which were raced no less than 43 years ago.
All cars must be restored to near-show quality. All cars must be presented to the vintage director and the vintage steering committee for approval prior to participating in their first event of the year.
- No cars are allowed with wings or airfoils.
- No cars are allowed with full roll cages.
- All cars will be equipped with up to date lap belts, Fuel shut off value, and ignition shut off switch in plane view and in easy reach of the driver.
Where possible, a second fuel shut off switch will be placed near the fuel tank and marked for the officials to see and used in case of an emergency.
- As of 2017 Season –All cars will be equipped with four wheel brake system.
Brakes must be in sufficient order to effectively stop the vehicle.
- All cars will run alcohol fuel only, NO GASOLINE. !
- No cars will use copper fuel lines.
- All fuel lines must be clean and show no cracking or loose fittings.
- Midget wheels/tires are limited to 13 inch in diameter as of the 2017 season..
- Midget tires may not have a tire “print” of more than 81/2 inches on the ground.
The rim width can no wider than 8″.
As of the 2017 season, 13″ rim and tires are mandatory.
12″ tires and rims can be used for show only.
Approved tires are: Hoosier or American Racer.
Tires must not show any cracking or excessive wear.
- All cars are subject to a “Tech” safety inspection at any time.
11. All cars must run a front bumper, rear bumper and side nerf bars on the car.
All bumpers and nerf bars must be bolted to the frame.
- All cars must run the appropriate hood, nose cone and tail cone as designed for their car.
- All tech inspections performed by BCRA vintage division shall be to a level that is deemed necessary based on the quality of the presented car. This could include the car torn down to the framed level, i.e. all body panels removed, in car drivers test, i.e. this entails the driver strapped in the car, steering wheel in place and the 10 second rule is then tested. The driver must be able to exit the car in 10 seconds as if the car is on fire.
- Additional car rules and requirements car be found on the safety inspection sheet.
- Proof of Magna-fluxing must be provided for the following: stressed front-end parts, steering components and welds and other vital parts when initially restoring a car or after an accident. The vintage director, can at his/her own discretion, order the above at anytime for the safety of any driver.
C. Vintage Engine Specifications:
- No engine accessories can be of technology newer than 46 years ago.
- Engines that are approved at this time;
(Ford Flathead V860, OFFY, Chevy II 4 cylinder, Daimler V8, Ford Falcon 6 cylinder, Drake engines, Outboard motors.)
- Engine that are not approved at this time;
Newer pinto engines, (overhead cam type), Volkswagen engines, Ford Focus Engines.
- All Engines must be clean and free of any grease and oil in the engine area and in the driver cockpit. Excessive grease and oil is a fire hazard.
D. Driver Safety.
- All drivers will be required to wear an R-5 TWO LAYER FIRE SUIT, HIGH TOP FIRE SHOES and FIRE GLOVES. If you choose to wear a single layer suit, fire underwear is required.
- FULL FACE HELMETS are strongly recommended. All helmets must be approved by the vintage director during the safety inspection as well as all wearable safety items.
- Arm restraints are mandatory.
- Neck Donuts are mandatory.
- Quick release steering wheels are mandatory.
- You cannot switch drivers on the day of an event without prior permission from the vintage director.
- As of 2016, Lap belts are mandatory. Sam Brown or Shoulder Belts are not allowed.
- As of now, the minimum age to run BCRA vintage division is 45 years old.
All others will require permission to run vintage events.
The BCRA Board of Directors and BCRA Vintage Director has the right to “park” a vintage midget at any event if they feel the car and/or driver has become “unsafe” for any reason.
E. Pit Fees:
- At any BCRA race that is specifically designated a “VINTAGE DIVISION” event (Vintage cars on the track), the car owner plus 1 pit crew member will be allowed in at “no charge”. Both driver and 1 pit crew must sign-in to the car number.
- All cars must be pre-register through the BCRA Web site, or owner must call 24 hrs in advance by phone to the Vintage Director. This information is used by BCRA officials to inform the track officials on car count at the pit gate. Any vehicle not pre-registered will not be allowed to participate in an event.
- At any BCRA race where the Vintage Division cars are NOT a regular (on the track) part of the night’s program, regular member pit fees will be charged by the track officials. This may vary from track to track, as well as pit fees costs.
Remember that the purpose of the Vintage Division is…
NOT TO STAGE RACING EVENTS, BUT RATHER TO PLACE VINTAGE RACE CARS ON THE TRACK IN AN EXHIBITION, NON-COMPETITIVE FORMAT.
Please keep in mind that all vintage events are monitored by BCRA and Track officials as to speed and safe driving. If those officials feel that the vintage cars are performing at an un-safe speed, the flagman will show the Blue with Yellow Stripe Flag to slow the field down. This does not mean to let off the gas in a sudden manner, but slowly reduce your speed as you proceed around the track. If anyone does not comply with this flag they will be Blacked Flagged and required to exit the track.
Always try to bring your cars tires up operating temper.
There will no three wide running or passing at any time at any track.
Passing is allowed only when it is safe to do so, please be aware of all cars around you before moving to pass. You are allowed to pass the field once, after that you must maintain you place at the rear of the field.
All slower cars are required to run the lower line, that is, the line closest to the infield.
Please do not weave while out on the track, keep you line, remember there will be a faster cars coming from behind and to your right.
At the end of an event, do not let off the gas at the flagman, (Checkered Flag) but continue to run a cool down lap after turns 1 and 2.
Be ready to exit the track, extend your right arm in the air to inform every one of your intentions to exit. Believe me, this helps.
If you should have a mechanical failure out on the track, raise your arm as soon as possible, if you are high on the track and cannot move to the infield, place your car as close as possible to the outside wall and stop your car and wait for an official, do not get out of your car. If you are on the low line, proceed as far as possible to the middle of the infield. Be aware of people and safety vehicles.
Try not to drive with tunnel vision; this is just looking forward all the time, rotate your head a bit from side to side to keep track of cars around you.
G. Additional Rules.
For Joint Vintage events with other clubs:
If it’s a BCRA co-sanction event, all BCRA rules apply to the other clubs participants.
If another club’s member wants to run with BCRA vintage, they must be in good standings with both BCRA and their registered club.
Their car must pass our technical and safety inspection prior to being allowed on the track.
They also must sign a release of liability from BCRA before they are allowed on the track. They also must have, understand, and agree to abide by all BCRA vintage rules.
If the other clubs members want to run our events, they will also be given a one free race pass. A show and go. They will be required to pre-register for the event either, again, by BCRA’s web site or by calling the vintage director 24 hrs prior to the event.
The second event they want to run, it will be required to pay an event fee of $45.00 to the vintage director at the track before being allow out on the track.
At a third event, they will be required to Join BCRA Vintage Division, before being allowed to run. This is very important due to the insurance that is required by BCRA.
The cost to join is $125.00. This covers all remaining events for pit passes.
THE INTENT IS NOT TO EXCLUDE, BUT RATHER TO INCLUDE ALL CARS THAT ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE SPIRIT OF VINTAGE RACING CARS.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, VINTAGE RACING IS DANGEROUS. ALWAYS BE AWERE OF THE OTHER DRIVERS, PITCREWS AND OFFICALS WHILE AT THE TRACK.
SAFETY MUST BE FIRST AND UPMOST ON YOU MIND WHILE DRIVING.
(EXCEPTIONS TO ALL OR ANY OF THE ABOVE QUALIFICATONS AND SPECIFICATIONS MAY BE MADE UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE AND WITH THE APPROVAL OF BCRA AND ONLY IN ADVANCE OF ANY VINTAGE EVENT)
No alcohol beverages in the pits until the evening’s full program is completed
This is an agreement that you fully understand and agree to abide by all its terms and conditions.
BCRA Vintage Director_____________________________________________ Date_________
BCRA Vintage Steering Member:______________________________________ Date_________
BCRA Vintage Member:_____________________________________________Date ________